» Plug-in Installation Instructions
Download the SlickPic plug-in for Lightroom by clicking the link above.
After downloading the .zip archive click on it to unpack the plug-in (slickpic.lrplugin). You can put the file in any folder. For example, add it to your Documents folder, or create a "SlickPic Plug-in" folder in your Documents folder.
For simple installation use the Lightroom Plug-in Manager.
- Start the Lightroom application, from the File menu choose Plug-in Manager.
- Click Add
- Navigate to the folder where you have saved the SlickPic.lrplugin. Select the file and Click OK.
- The plug-in will need to add a metadata fields to your catalog and you will be prompted for permission to update the catalog. Click Update Catalog
Below are the step by step instructions with screenshots. Please note that installation is the same for both Mac and PC.
1. From the top Menu bar click File and navigate down to the Plug-in Manager. Click on it
2. In the Plug-in Manager window click the Add button.
3. A file browsing wndow will open. For the purpose of this example, we've created SlickPic Plug-in folder in the Documents and moved the downloaded plug-in there. Next, select the slickpic.lrplugin, and click OK.
4. You will be prompted to update your catalog. Click the Update Catalog button
5. After you have installed the SlickPic Plug-in you can proceed to log-in. Click the Log In button and follow the instructions.
Your SlickPic web page will open and ask for authorization. After authorizing, click the Save button at the bottom of the window.
6. Installation is now complete. The SlickPic Publisher plug-in is installed and you can find it in the Publish Services panel of Lightroom Library.
7. If you are ready to Login, please see the video and text instructions on How To Login below.
8. If you need instructions how to use the plug-in, please go to the Help section and click How to Use Lightroom Plug-in.
» For computer Experts only - manual plugin installation
If you are computer savvy and prefer to manually install the plugin, download, unzip and copy the folder called “SlickPic.lrplugin” into Lightroom's “Modules” folder.
The folder can be found at:
Windows XP: %APPDATA%\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\
Vista/Windows 7: %APPDATA%\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\
MacOS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/
Then re-launch Lightroom and choose "update catalog" when prompted.
After you have completed the installation process, right click and select Settings in SlickPic Publish Services, then click Login and proceed with account authorization.
Please watch the "How To Use SlickPic Plugin" help video on the Download screen, or click here to view it.
» How to upgrade Plug-in
Use the same installation steps to upgrade to the new plug-in as you did the first time you installed it. Note that if you replace the original "slickpic.lrplugin" folder with a new one, you don't have to re-register the location with Lightroom. Simply restart Lightroom, or click the Reload Plug-in button in the Plugin Manager's Plug-in Author Tools section.
» How to Log In with the Lightroom Plugin
Open your Adobe Photoshop Lightroom application and on the right side of the screen choose SlickPic Set Up from the menu. This launches the Lightroom Publishing Manager dialog window. On the left side of the window click "Log In." A dialog message will ask you to confirm your permission to allow Lightroom to upload photos to your SlickPic account. Click "Authorize" to enable the feature. On the next screen, click the "Yes" button to confirm that you have specifically asked Adobe Photoshop Lightroom to connect to your SlickPic account. The next window will ask you to confirm that you allow Lightroom to Access, Upload, Interact and Delete images in your SlickPic account. Click "OK, I'll Authorize It" to confirm. Return the Lightroom Publishing Manager window and finish by clicking the "Done" button, and the "Save" button (this action only has to be done once). You will see your screen name next to the SlickPic bar in the main menu.Watch Video
» How to Use SlickPic Plug-in for Lightroom
Open Lightroom. If you have already installed the plug-in and authorized it, on the left side of the application you will see the SlickPic bar with your screen name, and a new album. Using your mouse to drag and drop, you can move photos already added to Lightroom into this album. When all photos are added, open this album. On the left at the bottom, click Publish, so your photos will be published in your SlickPic account. A right click on this album launches a drop down menu, where you can rename, create, delete or publish your album. When you click on Go to Published Album, you will be taken to your SlickPic gallery. All actions made in Lightroom will be saved in your SlickPic album. To add comments, scroll down on the right side of the Lightroom menu, add comments, and they appear in your SlickPic account. Clicking on Like in SlickPic will also appear in Lightroom.Watch Video
» How To Synchronize Comments?
Go to the Lightroom Library module. Scroll down to Comments on the right panel. Click the round button with a circular arrow to start synchronization.
» How To Search For Marked Photos?
The photos marked on a website in Lightroom will be marked by keywords. In the Lightroom Library module go to your album and then open the Library Filter panel. The keyword to look for is SlickPic, although the full keyword name is: _SlickPic - marked by: followed by a list of users who marked each particular photo.
Go to Text in the Library Filter, select Keywords as a search field, Contain in the logical field and type SlickPic as a search criteria.
If you need help with enabling the Mark Photo option please read How To Let Your Clients Mark Photos.
© 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Lightroom and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.