Welcome to week 7 of the 2024 SlickPic 52-week Photo Challenge! This week’s Challenge is: Diagonals
Diagonals in photography are a crucial compositional element, characterized by slanted lines that traverse an image. They introduce dynamism and a sense of movement, leading the viewer’s eye through the photograph. Diagonals can enhance the depth and add visual interest, breaking the monotony of horizontal and vertical lines. They are often used to direct attention towards the main subject, create tension, and imply action within a still image.
For further reading on the use of diagonals in photography, check out these resources:
Digital Photography School has a good guide to diagonal lines in photography or you can read more about how to use diagonal lines over at Shotkit.
- Submissions will be accepted until the end of the day, February 18, 2024
- Submit 3 images by clicking the following link
- Please submit images in the JPEG format and uploading photos that are at least 2500 on the long side is recommended for the highest quality
Once you submit your photos, you can review them here: https://52weekchallenge.slickpic.com
- Please be sure to take time to Like and Comment on other people’s photos. It’s nice to give back to your fellow photographers and grow a little yourself. Everyone wins!
- If you’d like to review the overall 52-week Challenge info, click here.
- Why not ask a few friends or fellow photo club members to join you on the Challenge? Simply send them to www.slickpic.com/52week to view images and read the Challenge blog post!
Have fun this week!