Welcome to week 2 of our 52-week photo challenge!
Thanks for being on the journey, and being committed to improving your skills.
This week, we’re going to explore the amazing world of Intentional Camera Movement (ICM). It’s a cool and clever technique where – in many cases – you intentionally move your camera during capture so that the end result is a uniquely blurred image.
But there’s SO much more to it than that. Check out this blog post for a terrific primer on ICM from our friend (and ICM “guru”) Roxanne Bouché Overton! A simple search on Google will yield scores of educational tips and thousands of images for inspiration as well.
- Submissions will be accepted until the end of the day, Sunday, January 14th, 2024
- Submit 3 images by clicking the following link
- Please submit images in the JPEG format and uploading photos that are at least 2500 on the long side is recommended for the highest quality.
Once you submit your photos, you can review them here: https://52weekchallenge.slickpic.com
Public Service Announcements:
- If you’d like to read the overview of our 52-week Challenge info, click here.
- We strongly encourage you to check out other people’s photos! Be sure to Like and Comment on them too – it’s fun and part of the process, and everyone wins when getting feedback.
- Why not ask a few friends to join you on the Challenge? Simply use the Share button for the album and invite them to join in. Plus, you can ask them to Like and Comment on YOUR photos!
- BONUS: At the same time as you submit your photos to each week’s Challenge, why not upload the same images to your own SlickPic album? That way, you’ll get a head start on your very own “Best of…” gallery that will become part of your 2024 portfolio. If you are new to SlickPic, please see this video for tips on how to upload photos.
Have fun and we’ll see you next week!